If you're going to visit family for the holidays, and need a quick idea for an awesome cake, here is a great option -- Pumpkin Butter Pecan Cake. It is so easy, and you are guaranteed a very moist, delicious cake.
Here are the steps:
1. Stir together one box of cake mix with one box of pumpkin. The can of pumpkin is used instead of the egg and oil.Note: I used a 9"x13" pan, but a bundt pan may work better, if you have one.
2. Add milk instead of water to the mixture, using the quantity indicated on the box.
3. Blend the ingredients until the batter is smooth.
4. Follow the baking directions on the box PLUS five minutes.
5. Once the cake has baked and cooled, serve each piece with whipped cream on top. Sprinkle a little cinnamon on top of the whipped cream, if desired.
When I made this cake for a fall party we hosted, it was enjoyed by all. I received several compliments, especially from my hubby who really liked it. I would definitely recommend whipped cream as opposed to icing, because the cake is rich already.
There are several variations to this recipe. If you enjoy pumpkin and chocolate flavors together, you could use a chocolate or devil's food cake mix instead. Pumpkin will work well with yellow cake too.
If you have made a cake with pumpkin, and would like to share your story, please feel free to leave a comment below.
Thanks for following Practips!